Monday, May 31, 2010

37 Weeks - Memorial Weekend

We had a wonderful 4 day weekend, meaning Jered was actually off for 4 days in a row! We got a lot of cleaning done in the garage on Sunday, enough so that we can probably park my car in the garage soon, which will be nice with the baby coming. I also got all of Emma's clothes put in her dresser (0-6 mos filled it up!) and the rest sorted into bags by size in the closet. We also set up the bouncy chair and the swing and got the bassinet set up in our bedroom. Will helped me go through his toys and pick out ones for the baby. He would say, "This is baby one, Mama" and drop it into her toy basket which will stay in her room.
Today we celebrated Memorial Day with a bunch of friends from church at a park in La Mesa. It was a beautiful day, about 70 degrees, cooler in the shade (I can't believe I had to wear a sweater!). The kids had tons of fun on the playground and riding their bikes. Will started to pedal his tricycle for the first time! He saw Hannah pedaling and started doing it right away. We are proud of him! Jered grilled some brats and played with Will. I mostly sat in a lounge chair in the shade because my feet were extremely swollen. I was wearing a sweater, but my feet still looked like sausages, so I guess it's not just the heat that causes swelling! Oh well, 2.5 weeks left we hope :)


We also took Will to the movies for the first time this afternoon. We saw Shrek 3 (which was really cute) and we all enjoyed it. Will watched the whole movie and stayed in his chair until the last 5-10 min, when we let him get up and stand in front of his seat. He enjoyed the movie and kept asking for "more videos" on the way home. What a great weekend!

No comments: