Saturday, May 15, 2010

35 Weeks - Date Night

We went on a belated anniversary date Friday night. My Gym (Will's gym) had a Parent's Night Out from 5-9pm, so I dropped him off at 5, then went home to get ready in peace (you mean I can do my make up without explaining what each tube and compact is?!). Jered got home around 6pm, changed clothes and we zipped off to the theater to watch Letters to Juliet. It was funny and sweet and we both enjoyed it. We ate chicken tenders, hot dogs, popcorn and candy at the theater since we didn't have time for dinner too. I won't complain about yummy popcorn and Coke, but maybe we shouldn't have eaten that whole box of Whoppers! It was really fun to go out alone and Will had a blast at the gym. When I dropped him off, he took his shoes off immediately, ran into the gym area and started riding a motorcycle scooter. I tried to say goodbye after signing him in, but all I got was a quick look and a "Vroom vroom!" When we picked him up, he cried for a minute and didn't want to leave. He asked me tonight if he could go back again, so he definitely has fun there!

Jered has been working this weekend, but he's off Monday and Tuesday. Will and I went shopping at Babies R Us today and got some items we still needed for the baby, including a double stroller. On the advice of a couple of employees, we went with a BabyTrend Double Sit N Stand, which our Graco infant seat will snap into. We were orginally going to get a Graco double stroller, but the employee helping us advised us that the sit and stand will last longer since Will is already so big. You can use it with the infant seat + regular seat, 2 regular seats, or infant seat/regular seat + child standing. As a stay at home mom it's a good purchase since they will both be going to all of our classes, playdates, library, shopping, etc. until Will is old enough for school (or we move somewhere we can afford pre-school!).

Speaking of school, I'm amazed at how much Will learns not even being in school yet. He can read (not just recite) almost every letter of the alphabet, has written the letters U, L, and K, can count up to 20 on his own, and knows his colors and shapes. Today on TV they were spelling the word "girl." They had a G-I-R on the screen and said, "what letter goes on the end?" Will said, "L!" That was very cool. He also told me today that Daddy should be home. I asked him if that was because it's Saturday. He said yes, and then I asked him what tomorrow is and he said, "Hannah and Hailey at church." We've been working on days of the week; apparently he's catching on! He's very curious about everything and if he doesn't know what something or someone is called, he asks me, "Who's that name, Mama?" He sings along with the radio in the car and tells us, "I love singing!" Of course what tickles Daddy pink is Will can identify a F-14 Tomcat and a F-18 Hornet. Ok, that's my little mommy brag. I don't think I've done it in a couple weeks at least :)



No comments: