Friday, November 25, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!








In Jered's family growing up the tradition for the day after Thanksgiving is to decorate the Christmas tree. We're been trying to do that also, and this year we really did well! We got all of our inside decorations up and our living room looks winter-rific! Sadly though, this is probably our big old tree's last year. There are a couple of broken branches and the lights are sporadic. Jered says it's safe for this year, but we'll have to buy a new one next year. Since we got this one the first year we were married, I feel sentimental about it, but we're enjoying it for one more year - fritzy lights and all. The kids had a lot of fun decorating with us. Emma immediately went commando crawl under the tree, which is something Will never did! She oohed and aahed over all the lights and decorations and went around touching each ornament (only 1 went in her mouth, but she caught onto the no touching rule pretty quickly). Her favorite ornament is a ceramic pug. I put it down low so she can see it, right at eye level. She found it, started barking "Wuf wuf! This dog! dog!" then she started kissing it - SO cute!!! I wish I had the video camera on for that! Will did a great job hanging ornaments with me, and even tried to space them out and not put them all in the same spot like kids always do. He also crawled under the tree when Emma did. Monkey see, monkey do. At least I got a cute picture of them, although I you can't hear their giggles of delight :) I wanted to make sure we had time to enjoy our decorations before vacation in Texas. We are doing a small family Christmas the weekend before we leave for Texas, and I wanted to have the decorations up for that too. Very excited to see the kid's faces during the "first Christmas" here, and then again for "second Christmas" in Texas!

No comments: