Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!





For Thanksgiving this year, we went to our friends, the Beckman's. They hosted several families from church and we all had much to eat and good fellowship. I got off light for cooking this year and only made pies and a sweet potato casserole. There were several kids both Will and Emma's age to play with and they had a great time. A very happy Thanksgiving indeed for counting our blessings. These pictures are from earlier this week. I finally finished Will's blanket that I started knitting when I was pregnant with him. It only took two days to finish the remaining three squares of fabric once I took it back out. I can only knit when Emma is asleep or occupied, otherwise it wouldn't have taken so long! He named it "Bob" and said that Bob is his favorite blanket and now is telling me which books and TV shows Bob likes and things like that. It's so cute. Now Will is on me to finish Emma's blanket, which is much more intricate. I might have to start and finish a more simple one for her too as she was jealous of Will's blanket and keeps trying to carry it around! I had to hunt up a similar blanket from the linen closet so she'd leave his alone. Great news in the last 2 weeks - Emma is now walking around more than she crawls! If she's in a hurry or upset, she still drops down on fours because she crawls SO fast, but she's trying to walk more. She is also an ace climber already and can get up stairs, steps, stools, couches and chairs faster than she walks, lol.

No comments: