Monday, August 9, 2010

Will is 3!

Will's 3rd birthday was Saturday. He got to meet with a couple of friends at Baskin Robbins on Thursday and exchanged presents. Sunday evening, we had pizza and cupcakes with the friends he didn't see on Thursday. We spent most of his real birthday at a chief-selectee's picnic in northern San Diego. Will had fun running around the playground, although Jered had to work the whole day so we missed him. Jered and I got him really cool expansion packs for his train table, so Jered and Will spent a couple of hours putting together the new tracks on Saturday night. He also enjoyed opening his cards and gifts from friends and family around the country. This is the first year Will has been really excited (ahead of time) about his birthday. He actually understood how old he was going to be and what day his birthday was. It was so exciting for me to see him looking forward to his birthday. It made me realize that he really is a little boy now, no baby anymore. Sunday I got some cute pictures of Will holding Emma in his lap. He was very sweet and cuddly with her and held her correctly to support her head. I was proud of him - he has only held her once before, so I guess he's getting used to her. He loves to talk and "play" with her, but usually tells me "No thank you" when I asked him if he wants to hold her.

No comments: