Thursday, June 10, 2010

38 Weeks - OB check up

I went in for my 2 week check up today. First the doc listened to the heartbeat, which was normal, then she measured me - 40wks fundus height. She then palpated for the baby's size and position. This is what she said, "Oh wow, you are all baby...this baby is not petite. Your son was 8-4? This one is already 7.5-8lbs...this is not a small baby..." LOL. Then she did an internal check - 1cm dilated, 50% effaced, Emma has dropped, and baby's head is low enough to feel that "she doesn't have much hair," which I also thought was funny. I didn't know you could feel that before they are born. I was the same amount progressed with Will 5 days before he was born, and also didn't drop with him until a few days before he was born, so hopefully Emma will not make us wait a whole lot longer. Although it would be good if Abby could get here first - she's flying in a week from today, June 17. My next appointment is June 16 and we will discuss induction then for after my due date, considering the baby's size already and Will's size at birth.

1 comment:

Werries Family said...

Yikes!!! So exciting!!! We can't wait to "e-meet" her! Hang in there.