Wednesday, February 17, 2010

22 Weeks

Happy Valentine's Day! We had a nice weekend to celebrate together. Since we just went on a date about 2 weeks ago, we didn't get a baby sitter, but spent the time as a family instead. Friday Jered was off work, so we went to Olive Garden in the afternoon and then went by Michael's to pick up my present. Saturday evening, we walked over to the shopping center a block or so from our house and ate Chinese food and frozen yogurt. It was really fun to be able to walk to dinner and enjoy our wonderful San Diego weather. Sunday we ordered in pizza and watched a couple of movies. When Will went to bed, Jered and I rented The Time Traveller's Wife. And even though Valentine's was over, we had a great dinner last night too. The weather warmed up into the 80s yesterday and Jered grilled steaks for dinner, which we ate with Caesar salad and fresh strawberry shortcakes for dessert.










Tonight we converted Will's crib into a toddler bed. We wanted to do it after Christmas to prepare for the baby so mommy wouldn't have to lift 2 out of cribs, and since my back is back to its ornery self we figured this is a good time. Will also turned 2.5 this month, so it's just about the perfect time we'd discussed. We were a little worried about him falling out the first few nights, so we put his crib bumpers on for extra cushion until he gets used to a regular bed. He went to sleep right away and so far so good! We can't believe how much our little boy is growing up. This week we also ordered the bedding for baby girl's room. I included a picture off the internet - hopefully we'll get the real thing delivered soon so we can set it up!






















3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I'm sure Will is going to do great in his big boy bed.
Plus, I love what you've picked out for the nursery! It's going to look so cute an dperfect for a little girl.

AWD said...

I really like the nursery choice, too! It looks so fun.

Also, I'm jealous of your nice weather. It's been cold here. :-( I'm ready for pleasant days!

Annie

Werries Family said...

No Way!! That is the set I had for Olivia!!! I can't believe it. I loved it. It was beautiful. ;o) Enjoy!!!