He is risen - He is risen indeed! We had a nice quiet Easter this year. Jered and I taught Sunday school, then attended service. Two of the kids' friends from the neighborhood came to church with us, which was awesome. When we got home, it was cold and rainy, so we skipped the egg hunt this year. Both of the kids did egg hunts at school this week, which I was able to go to since I got off work in time! For lunch after church, I made a glazed ham, roasted potatoes and carrots, and strawberry shortcake. We had a nice relaxing afternoon at home. Emma was super excited about Easter all week. On Good Friday, Emma was squealing "I'm so excited about this weekend because we celebrate that Jesus is alive and he rose again!" They were both focused on the true meaning of Easter and not bunnies or baskets. That makes us so happy to see them so excited for Jesus!
I also had a lot of fun sharing the Easter story with my classes this year. The 3 year old class responded so well and during our Easter celebration at school, they were able to tell their parents what we had learned. I was happy they were listening to such an important lesson!
Sunday, March 27, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment