
Today Will started pre-K. Last night we packed up his backpack and picked out his clothes. I set his stoplight alarm for 8:10 (school starts at 9). This morning at 8:15 he walked into my room fully clothed, with his shoes and backpack on, and said, "Mommy, I'm ready for school." I was still in bed, hehe. We ate breakfast, dressed Emma, and got in the car. Will said, "I want to listen to the real thing song on the way to school," so I popped in his favorite U2 cd. We got to the school and before I got Emma out, I picked Will up and gave him a big hug and kiss and told him how proud we all are of him. On the way up to the school, Will fell down and skinned his knees in the parking lot. I was afraid it would ruin his excitement, but he was mostly upset about how the booboos looked, and when his teacher asked if he needed a bandaid, he said, "No! thank you." Will hates bandaids. I showed him his cubby and gave him a hug and he was already running off. Before I had time to stand up from squatting down to hug him, he was in the middle of a group of kids playing something. So proud of him, and I can't wait to pick him up for lunch and hear about his day.




No comments:
Post a Comment